Binghamton, NY PMI Chapter
Sumantra Sarkar, PMP, Assistant Professor
School of Management Binghamton University
April: Cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns. Refer to email from PMI Binghamton.
May: Currently nothing scheduled.
June: Dr. Srihari, Dean of the Watson School. Overview of the university and Watson school and how the school has grown in the last decade and future plans.
July: Summer Break - No Meetings
August: Summer Break - No Meetings, but look for a fun event to be held.
The Binghamton, NY chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI) welcomes you to our website! This chapter represents the Southern Tier of New York and the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. Please visit our site often for the latest news, information, and upcoming events as well as viewing our latest chapter newsletter. We hope you will consider joining our ranks by becoming a member of our chapter to learn from other PMs, network with the PM community, and help others. Membership offers a range of opportunities to engage with our chapter and the greater PM community.
See the Events page of this website for Upcoming Events and Event Registration.
Click the icons below to view our Facebook and LinkedIn pages. Please like and folluw us.
The mission of our chapter is to advance the objectives of the Project Management Institute in support of our members in the communities which we serve. We strive to:
- Develop a growing and committed membership of local Project Management Professionals through a positive recruiting and member retention plan.
- Promote Project Management principles and techniques with local businesses, university professional associations, and individuals.
- Support and enhance Professionalism within Project Management by developing and providing quality programs based on our member's Project Management needs.
- Create and deliver content through multiple channels, including: educational programs, both online and through our chapter meetings,
- Collect and disseminate project management knowlegde which may serve to strengthen the knowledge base of those which we serve,
- Support the Project Management Institute Certification Program
As an organization we strive to support our members in maintaining their certification through opportunities to network, socialize, and earn PDUs at our monthly chapter meetings. Each month we host a meeting and host a speaker who presents on relevant project management topics. In addition we also host an annual Professional Development Day to further the knowledge of our members (as well as others) and provide an opportunity to earn PDUs toward maintaining certification.